Test cells (LaplaCell)
LaplaCells provide a facility for the rapid and efficient testing of the EMC compliance of products. These cells offer a calibrated and screened environment in which radiated emissions can be measured and immunity to RF radiation can be tested. They exceed the requirements of IEC61000-4-20, thus affording compliant testing to IEC61000-4-3 and pre-compliance testing for radiated emission testing.
The Cells are a modified form of GTEM cell, using a balanced dual septum design which maximises EUT volume for a given external size of cell, and dramatically improves field linearity. The EUT volume is fully lined in structural polycarbonate capable of supporting heavy products and access is via a large, full height door at the end of the cell. Adjacent to the door is the I/O filter compartment which can be customised to suit the users requirements. USB, RS232, Parallel, Ethernet, co-ax and other product specific filters can be added at time of ordering.
- 30MHz to 6GHz frequency coverage
- Fully calibrated for emissions and immunity
- 2 sizes:
- Lc300: for EUT up to 30cm cube
- Lc600: for EUT up to 60cm cube (incl. 19" racks up to 13u)
- Field sensor for immunity testing is included
- Calibrated in accordance with IEC61000-4-20
- Excellent field uniformity
- Compact size
- Ready for immediate use on delivery
- Standard filtered I/O includes mains feed, fibre optic access and 12 individual connections.
LaplaCells are specifically intended for use by manufacturers so that they can test their own products efficiently . The LaplaCell design is an advance on the well known GTEM concept. However, the use of a dual septum provides:
- better field uniformity
- compact external size
- balanced septum fed with impedance conversion network to better match OATS conditions
- Built-in field sensor
- Camera and lighting options