ALECS (Automatic Luminaire Emissions Compliance System)
This standard applies specifically to products whose main function is lighting’
a). Conducted emissions (LISN method)
b). Radiated emissions (CDNE method)
c). Magnetic field (large loop antenna method)
These tests are relatively straightforward and can be conducted in a normal laboratory or production environment. No screened rooms or special test sites are required.
The most critical are tests (a) and (b). The small size of most luminaires generally makes test (c) less critical. A system that covers tests (a) and (b) is the ALECS-2. This includes all the hardware and cables and software necessary to perform the tests.The software runs on your PC which is connected to the hardware via the USB port. If required, test (c ) can be added as an option.
The reference then becomes ALECS-3
Lighting equipment must also comply with IEC61000-3-2. This standard applies limits to the level of 50/60Hz harmonic currents taken by the product.
The AC2000A Harmonics & Flicker analyser provides a complete solution. It is also a useful power analyser in it’s own right. The analyser is very easy to use and provides a simple pass/fail result. This test can be performed on any convenient bench. There are no special installation or environmental requirements.
If the Harmonics analyser is ordered as a separate item, the order code is AC2000A.
If it is required as part of the above ALECS systems, just add -H to the reference.
All the above systems include:
- All software required to operate the system with….
- Pre-loaded limits
- Automatic setup of measurement parameters
- Easily interpreted results, simple pass/fail judgement
- Hardcopy output in industry-standard format
- All results can be saved and recalled later
- Software compatible with all current versions of Windows.
- All necessary cables and connectors
- ALECS customers also receive a free one day training course at our offices